Thursday, September 5, 2013

NFL nail polish? Sounds like a great idea to me.


I once painted my nails, fingers and toes, navy blue with a white stripe – my swim team colors.  So when I read that Cover Girl was partnering with the NFL to offer nail polish for its 32 teams, I could only think – What took you so long?

Given that 44% of NFL fans are now female, and NFL merchandise bought by women increased by 125% versus year ago in January 2012, I would say the time has come. (Greenberg, 2013)

P&G is going all out for the launch, which will include “fanicures” and “mobile manicure stations” at games, “NFL Style Lounges” at stadiums offering NFL gear and sessions with a stylist, and a Pinterest contest for the best football finger nails.

I say – pass the Gang Green shade please!




Greenberg, K. (2013, September 4)  Covergirl Manicures NFL Team Colors.  mediapost.com.  retrieved September 4, 2013, from  http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/208423/covergirl-manicures-nfl-team-colors.html#axzz2dxlH3jKZ


No comments: