Friday, May 9, 2014

Did Brooke Shields breathe new life into La-Z-Boy?


I have to admit that the first time I saw Brooke Shields in a commercial for La-Z-Boy in 2010, I noticed and thought that it was an interesting attempt to update an old brand.  What I didn't realize until now was how successful she has been in doing just that.  Apparently the company has seen an unprecedented 13 quarters of same-store sales increases.  Impressive indeed.

Now the company has announced that they are going to build on their momentum by launching an "Urban Attitudes" line.  The affordable collection is geared toward younger people and designed to fit in smaller city apartments. (Irwin, 2014)

Sounds good to me.  What do you think?  Will the campaign be successful?



Irwin, T.  (May 8, 2014)  La-Z-Boy, Brooke Shields Show 'Urban Attitudes.'  mediapost.com.  Retrieved June 8, 2014, from  http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/225337/la-z-boy-brooke-shields-show-urban-attitudes.html?edition=72617

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the "Urban Attitudes" collection featuring Brooke Shields - part of the Live Life Comfortably brand campaign - geared towards a younger urban demographic living in smaller city apartment will be a successful campaign. As La-Z Boy's target market I believe that it is hard to shop for furniture that will comfortably fit in my small city apartment. Consequently many of my other friends who also live in the city are forced to buy love seats instead of a standard sofa. There are only a handful of sofas out there that can accommodate small living quarters therefore the La-Z-Boy Urban Attitudes collection launch will be a success and a great additional option for the demographic they are trying to target.


The campaign works for me and when I'm in the market for a new sofa I will definitely look into La-Z Boy Urban Attitudes collection.
G