Wednesday, August 25, 2021

It's time to cancel Budget/Avis.

 

I've been a customer of Budget and Avis for over 30 years. 

 

While I haven't traveled for a few years due to Covid, I had no reason to believe that using Budget/Avis would be a problem when I booked some trips.  Unfortunately I was mistaken.

 

Before I even left, I had to deal with confusing "urgent" emails that created additional reservations when I had already pre-paid in full.  Umm.  You know that you can fix your algorithms to suppress those right?

 

Then we found out after we had a flat tire that you can buy all the insurance Budget/Avis offers and still come up short.  Why?  Because they don't offer RSN insurance.  I asked why they didn't offer RSN insurance and the company declined to answer.  I also asked if they realized that they were misleading customers into believing they were fully covered for emergencies when they weren't.  Again, Budget/Avis had no comment.

 

And last, but definitely not least, was the fact that after we waited two hours for a tow, we arrived at the pick-up location to discover that the desk agent had NO RECORD of the problem.  Hello.  What do you think that big square thing on your desk is for?  If you don't know how to use a computer, why not try the phone?

 

When I shared the name of the person who approved the replacement - which I was told - would resolve any issues I might have at the desk.  The agent said: "I don't know who that is.  He probably works in customer service.  Our customer service sucks!"

 

I couldn't agree more. 

 

But so does your email management, insurance coverage and internal communications. 

 

And that's why you have been canceled.

 

1 comment:

Tim Baynes Art said...

A shocking tale. I'm so sorry for you! Which one had the tagline on their advertising 'we try harder'? This was way back when but I think it was Avis!
As ever
T