Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Customer Service 2018: If another customer won't answer my question then the company ignores it.


Years ago I read that with the difference between comparable products and services diminishing, companies would begin to distinguish themselves based on good customer service.  That makes sense.  So why hasn't it happened?

Instead companies have chosen to outsource customer questions to other customers.  Wow that's a great idea. 

I've been on the receiving end of those requests several times, and have never responded.  Because I don't work for you!!!  More here in this blog...


But I have also been unable to get companies to answer even the simplest of questions lately, e.g. what size is this item?  Needless to say, that company lost a sale.

Of course I could become one of those people who order 10 pairs of shoes using free shipping, and then sends back 9 out of the 10.  At that point, they are used and the company can no longer sell them at full price.  Or can they?  I have been reading some disturbing complaints online about customers receiving "new" items that were clearly used.  (Needless to say I will never do business with that retailer.)

Which gets me back to my original thought.  There is still a space out there for companies that treat their users with respect.  And those are the ones that I choose to do business with.

Perhaps we should start a list. 

No comments: