Friday, January 16, 2015

The insurance wars continue.



I remember the days when insurance companies were not big advertisers.  Then Geico came along and proved that the category could be impacted by advertising and the game was on.  Geico's message about saving money was countered by Progressive's likeable Flo.  And then Allstate reminded us about problems beyond our control.  I have to admit the latter message appeals to me the most.  I don't buy insurance to save money.  I buy it so I can sleep at night.

Now Chubb has stepped up to the plate to remind us of our regrets.  Hmm.  I have a few of those.  Perhaps their approach will allow them to compete effectively.  I do find the commercial amusing and relatable.  See what you think.  Here's the link.


Irwin, T. (2015, January 16)  Chubb Urges 'Insurance Against Regret'  mediapost.com.  Retrieved January 16, 2015, from,  http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/241809/chubb-urges-insurance-against-regret.html?edition=79420

No comments: