Thursday, April 26, 2012

“Girlfriends” deliver for Trop50


In 2010, PepsiCo launched a new campaign for their half-the-calories juice brand Trop50, starring Jane Krakowski of 30 Rock, and her friends, dishing about “life, love and looking good.”  The over the top, highly entertaining commercials apparently struck a chord with their intended audience.  Sales in 3Q 2011, were up 50% versus year ago, on top of 37% growth in the previous year’s 3Q.  (Lukovitz, 2012)

Wow!  No wonder the campaign which was originally scheduled to finish at the end of 2011 has been extended into 2012.  And, three more varieties have been added to the line, with plans for more to come.

But, I have to admit that although I enjoy the commercials, I have not tried the products.  I figure that I can add water to my juice all by myself if that’s what I want instead of paying extra for Tropicana to do it for me.

What about you?  Have you tried Trop50?  Are you eagerly awaiting the arrival of their new flavors?


Lukovitz, K. (2012, April 24) Trop50 Extends Products – And ‘Girlfriends’ Campaign. mediapost.com. Retrieved April 26, 2012, from
http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/173159/trop50-extends-products-and-girlfriends-campa.html

No comments: