Tuesday, May 25, 2021

I'm thinking about putting my mask back on.

 

I'm not sure why people think New Yorkers are unfriendly.  The truth is that New Yorkers love to talk to strangers.  I think it's because in New York even if we are strangers we share a common bond.  We all cope with the same challenges of life in the city. 

New York is actually a great place for unattached introverts to live.  And let's face it, you don't move to NYC if you want to be alone.

So lockdown was hard on the tribe. 

But now that I am vaccinated and walking around without my mask.  I have realized that not wearing a mask in Manhattan is like wearing a sign that says: "Talk to me."  And so people have.

That has me missing my anonymity - another thing that New Yorkers' cherish.

So I am thinking of putting my mask back on for a while and letting the lonely look for other ways to connect. 

Luckily Central Park has it covered. ;-)

 

 


No comments: