Wednesday, May 16, 2018

I (heart) Bloomingdale’s.


I got on the Q train the other day and half the car was filled with ads for Bloomingdale’s 59th Street, which apparently felt it was time to brand themselves separately from the rest of the chain.  Interesting.

Here are a couple of the ads…



As a native New Yorker, Bloomingdale's holds a special place in my heart.  My most memorable visit took place when I was 12.  We lived in Flushing and my mom, who was a believer in raising strong independent children (an anti-helicopter mom) gave me her credit card and let me and a friend travel alone to Bloomies to shop.  That was very gutsy of her since we had to change trains at Queensboro Plaza.  And there were no cell phones.

When I got there I bought myself a maxi skirt!  Yes, I am that old.  And my mom is gone now.  But seeing those Bloomingdale’s ads made me smile.  

Happy Mother’s Day Mom!  And to you too Bloomingdale’s. :-)


No comments: