Thursday, January 3, 2013

Can NASCAR do for Tide what oil spills did for Dawn?


Apparently, a fire broke out on the track of the Daytona 500 last year.  Spectators were surprised when crews pulled out huge boxes of Tide to douse the flames and clean-up the mess.  P&G decided to take advantage of the opportunity and created a 15 second spot explaining what happened.  In case you missed it, here it is.





While I am not a NASCAR fan, I can’t help but be impressed by the fact that Tide was used in this critical cleaning situation.  (Full disclosure, I am a Tide user.)  As someone whose brand loyalty to Dawn began when it was used to clean oil off of baby ducks after a tragic spill, I can’t help wonder if this effort will be equally successful for Tide.  I guess only time will tell.


(2012, December 28)  Television: Starcom MediaVest P&G and Tide, Tide at daytona 500.  mediapost.com.  Retrieved January 2, 2012, from

No comments: