Friday, December 26, 2014

I guess I'm not the only one who likes the Dos Equis ads.



I have always found the Dos Equis ads amusing, particularly the radio ads, which allow me to use my imagination more than the tv commercials do. 

And I thought that their effort for Halloween, including a social media tie-in -- send us your pics, win a trip to New Orleans to meet the most interesting man -- sounded like a winner . (Corr, 2014)

But I don't drink beer.  So I had no idea whether they were in fact effective with their target audience.

Well, now I do.  According to data provided by Beer Marketer's Insights, Dos Equis is the fastest growing beer brand in America.  1.6 million barrels were shipped in 2013, up 116.6% versus 2008.  (The campaign began in 2006.)  (Frohlich, 2014)

Who says advertising doesn't work?



Corr, A. (2014, October 15)  Dos Equis' Most Interesting Man Offers Halloween Advice.  mediapost.com.  Retrieved December 26, 2014, from http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/236260/dos-equis-most-interesting-man-offers-halloween-a.html


Frohlich, T. (2014, December 17)  America's Fastest Growing Beer Brands.  247wallstreet.com.  Retrieved December 26, 2014, from http://247wallst.com/special-report/2014/12/17/americas-fastest-growing-beer-brands/

No comments: